Ergonomic recliners are ideal for anyone who suffers from body pain or sciatica. You might also be looking into recliner units if you tend to sit for long hours.
In this article, I listed 11 of the best ergonomic recliners you can find in the market. There are budget-friendly and luxurious options as well as chairs that target more therapeutic concerns.
Take a look below.
- 1. Homall Recliner Chair Padded Seat PU Leather – #1 Best for Back Pain
- 2. Best Choice Products Faux Leather Recliner – Model With Ottoman
- 3. Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner
- 4. Human Touch Perfect Chair PC-420 – Top Therapeutic Chair
- 5. XPELKYS Gaming Chair Computer Game Chair – Best Swivel Recliner
- 6. Cozzia Dual Power ZG Recliner – Zero Gravity Chair
- 7. Lazy Boy Duncan Reclina-Rocker Recliner – Good for Scoliosis
- 8. SUNCOO Massage Recliner – Most Convenient
- 9. RESPAWN-900 Racing Style #1 for Gamers
- 10. Vitesse Gaming Recliner Chair Racing Style Single Ergonomic
- 11. Fjords Mustang Large Recliner Chair
Ergonomic Recliner Chair Reviews (List for 2020)
For anyone involved, ergonomic recliners will substantially improve your life. But how do you choose out of hundreds of recliners on the market that claims to be the best?
I’ve compiled 11 of the best ergonomic recliners here for you to look at. I made sure to include something that fits most specific needs so take a look:
1. Homall Recliner Chair Padded Seat PU Leather – #1 Best Ergonomic Reclining Chair
Homall is a trusted brand within the furniture industry. Their quality ergo recliners and seating options guarantee Comfort. So it should come as no surprise that the best recliner for back pain I’ve found is from Homall.
This recliner is made from a surprisingly good quality PU Leather. It doesn’t feel stuffy at all and is relatively easy to clean and low maintenance, which I loved. I’m sure you will too.
You’ll enjoy the following features:
Massage Feature – this recliner isn’t just a piece of furniture you can sit on to relax. It boasts a therapeutic experience as well. Although the massage feature isn’t as good as other massage chairs, it’s a fair enough bonus. You’ll enjoy the vibration massage on your back region, which will help you alleviate back pain quickly.
Wide, Curved Armrests – this recliner provides an ergonomic design as well. You’ll love the wide, curved armrests that allow your arms to rest more naturally. They are also well-padded, so you’re ensured maximum Comfort.
High-Quality Cushioning – you’ll enjoy the durable PU-leather that’s more comfortable and easier to clean than authentic leather. Coupled with the high-density sponge cushioning, you’ll have a recliner that will last many years without fail.
Summary: This Homall recliner is a good, inexpensive recliner. It’s the right choice if you experience any kind of pain, thanks to its vibration massage feature. However, if you’re taller than average user, you may not enjoy this recliner.
2. Best Choice Products Faux Leather –Best Ergonomic Recliner With Ottoman
Who says recliners are supposed to be bulky and ugly? This recliner comes with a detachable ottoman and an office chair aesthetic that make it perfect for working in front of your desk.
It may not be the best choice if you’re looking for the best chair to watch TV in, but it’s certainly a great chair to read in.
Take a look at the features that caught my eye:
Multiple Massage Zones – unlike other models that only target your back, this recliner targets your thighs and feet as well. It’s also very easy to control the intensity levels with the user-friendly remote control.
Heat Therapy – coupled with the massage feature, this recliner gives you one of the best therapeutic and relaxation experiences available on the market. Keep pain at bay and encourage good blood flow while working with the advanced heat therapy on this unit.
Durable Framework – you’ll enjoy relaxing without worries, thanks to the durable construction on this massage recliner. You’ll love the easy to clean faux bonded leather coupled with the sturdy Framework. According to its manufacturers, this recliner will accompany you for years.
Summary: If you’re looking for a massage recliner with a sleeker design, you’ll love the office chair aesthetic of this one. It’s the ideal choice if you don’t mind assembly and having to spend time removing a strong scent from the chair’s upholstery. It is one of the most comfortable recliner that have ottoman chair attached,
3. Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner
This multi-position recliner is another that boasts a non-traditional style. Unlike the previous model, this recliner harmonizes leather upholstery with wooden accents on its base. It also comes with a detachable ottoman you’ll enjoy.
Here are some of its best qualities:
Swivel Motion – This recliner features a ball-bearing base that allows you to swivel 360 degrees smoothly. You won’t have to worry about exerting effort to face a different direction because of this.
Versatile – The design of this recliner makes it perfect for the office as well as your home. If you tend to sit for most of the day, you’ll enjoy being able to easily recline in between breaks.
LeatherSoft Upholstery – unlike most leather cushioning, the white leather and black (Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather) on this unit is incredibly soft and comfortable. It’s also low maintenance and easy to clean, so that’s one less thing to worry about.
Summary: This recliner is a pretty good inexpensive substitute for the more expensive models with the same features. Understandably, it isn’t as smooth and ergonomically designed as its higher end counterparts, but it’s definitely worth its price.
4. Human Touch Perfect Chair PC-420 – Best Therapeutic Recliner for Back Pain
We’ve talked about Zero Gravity seating options before. We’ve also talked about non-traditionally designed recliners. Well, this Perfect Chair model makes the best of both features. This is my best choice for a therapeutic recliner, which should come as no surprise.
Take a look at its qualities below:
NASA Inspired Zero Gravity – you’ll enjoy relaxing in this highly beneficial position. The contemporary design of this recliner doesn’t hinder the zero-gravity recline that delivers multiple benefits.
Lumbar Support – You’ll enjoy the adjustable support for your lumbar region. This makes the chair more comfortable and more suitable recliner for your back than standard chairs.
Customizable – You’ll be able to choose between top grade leather options and three wood finishes. You’ll also be offered upgrades like memory foam cushioning to fully customize your recliner.
Summary: This recliner is certainly among the higher-end units. You’ll love the zero gravity reclining feature on this unit. However, there are a few learning curves to be addressed. It’s also fairly difficult to reach customer support so you need to take that into consideration.
5. XPELKYS Gaming Chair Computer Game Chair – Top Swivel Recliner
If you’re looking for a recliner that suits your gaming profession or hobby, this swivel recliner will make you feel like a boss. The smooth swivel motion allows you to easily maneuver in and out of your chair in any direction.
Here are my favorite features:
Adjustable Seat Height – the back of the seat allows an extra 8 cm to be added or removed from it. This means you don’t have to worry about fitting into your chair comfortably.
Rocking Feature – You’ll enjoy the easy to control rocking feature on this unit. Unlike many rocking recliners that rock uncontrollably, this has a control that lets you adjust it accordingly.
Summary: if you don’t mind the cons, you’ll enjoy the many ergonomic features on this recliner. It’s perfect for gaming or office work and is ideal for relaxing in too.
6. Cozzia Dual Power Recliner – Zero Gravity
I’m not a big fan of leather upholstery. Although, I will have to admit that the black leather on this Cozzia power recliner is stunning. It’s certainly a beautiful piece and will fit beautifully anywhere you put it. But more than that, you’ll love the zero gravity positioning on this unit.
Take a look at the other features you’ll enjoy:
Easy Controls – this recliner features a user-friendly control center. You’ll love the one-touch zero gravity reclining feature. The recliner’s other features are also easy to access and control through the control panel.
Power Headrest and Footrest – you’ll enjoy the customizable positions you can achieve with this recliner. This is thanks to the individually controlled power headrest and footrest that allow you to fully customize your positions.
Summary: This leather recliner features the easiest zero gravity function to activate. You’ll love the easy controls and beautiful, contemporary design that isn’t bulky nor ugly.
7. Lazy Boy Duncan Reclina-Rocker Recliner – Good for Scoliosis
You didn’t think we’d get through this list without at least one Lazy Boy, did you? After all, la-z-boy recliners are the ultimate poster child for recliners everywhere. Unsurprisingly, the one I found is highly therapeutic and is the best if you suffer from scoliosis.
360 Degree Support – this lazy boy chair gives your body (especially your lumbar region) much needed support in any position. Yes, that includes when you recline too.
Custom Tension – you can easily adjust the tension. This is great if you have kids or elderly around and don’t want the chair to recline too easily or with too much difficulty.
Summary: Unlike the more contemporary models, the Lazy Boy certainly looks like the classic recliner. That means it’s quite bulky. But if you’re looking for a unit that is more functional than aesthetic, it’s perfect for you.
8. SUNCOO Massage Recliner – Most Convenient
This massage recliner is the most convenient models on this list. It features multiple attachments such as cup holders to make relaxing easier and more carefree.
Here are the features I loved:
Heat Therapy – you’ll enjoy the handy heat therapy for your lumbar region on this massage recliner. It will not only help you relax but facilitate blood flow for your health as well.
Eight Point Massage – the customizable massage options allow you to target problem areas. It will allow you to achieve the deep tissue massage that your body needs.
Summary: If you’re looking for an ultra-convenient model, you’ve found it. You’ll love the handy side pockets along with the user friendly controls. However, the customer support is very unreliable.
9. RESPAWN-900 Racing Style – Best for Gamers
If you’re looking for a professional-looking model that will help you improve your gameplay, you’ve found it. This chair boasts a racing style aesthetic and is perfect for long gaming sessions.
You’ll love the following features:
Maximum Comfort – the continuous surface of the chair and footrest make it very comfortable. There’s no possibility of getting caught in uneven cushion breaks, so there’s less to worry about.
Convenient Attachments – You’ll love being able to keep your drinks and necessities close. This gaming recliner features a fitted cup holder and side pockets for ultimate convenience.
Summary: This model is perfect for averagely sized users. Its 275-lb capacity makes it unideal for heavier users. However, you’ll love the convenience and comfort of this chair.
10. Vitesse Gaming Recliner Chair Racing Style Single Ergonomic
This ergonomic recliner is perfect for watching movies and console gaming. You’ll enjoy the soft yet firm bounce and support of the resilient sponge padding on this chair paired with the handy features. Take a look:
Side Pockets – side pockets are always convenient. Whether you’re a gamer or are looking for home theater seating, you’ll enjoy the side pockets that allow for extra storage.
Easy Assembly – the assembly process takes less than eight minutes to finish. You’ll also find the instructions clear and easy to follow so you can relax in no time.
Summary: If you’re looking for a versatile chair , this gaming chair recliner doubles as home theater seats. It can also be used as a computer gaming chair but works best for console gamers.
11. Fjords Mustang Large Leather Recliner Chair and Ottoman
Fully optimize your sitting experience with this contemporary recliner chair and ottoman combo. You’ll love the multiple color options and exclusive active release system that allows you to customize your positioning.
Take a look at its best features:
Fully Assembled – you don’t have to worry about assembly anymore because this unit comes fully assembled. You’ll receive a large box that contains the recliner and its ottoman, so all you need to do is install it.
Genuine Leather – unlike most units, this chair comes with authentic leather upholstery. You’ll love the luxurious feel and different colors to choose from.
Summary: You’ll enjoy this fully customizable recliner. It features genuine leather in stunning colors and a detachable ottoman. Choose it if you have a larger budget and want a luxurious seating unit.
What is an Ergonomic Chair Recliner?
Lift recliners, lift chairs, ergonomic recliners, whatever you call it, it’s a great investment. These customizable recliner chairs allow you to sit comfortably for extended periods and are helpful for those who suffer from:
- Limited mobility
- Sciatic nerve pain
- Back pain
- Body pain
So what separates an ergonomic recliner from regular reclining chairs?
- Customizability – Ergonomic recliners are designed to give you the best Comfort possible. Unlike standard recliners that will only allow you to adjust the recline position and the optional legrest, ergonomic recliners feature many adjustments. You should be able to adjust the seat height, backrest height, and back tilt angle, among other things.
- Specialized Features – Depending on your budget or problem areas, you’ll find a many specialized features in a variety of chairs designed to help you maximize your use of a chair.
- Here are some of the features you should look for:
- Zero gravity positions – there are currently only three zero-gravity positions available on any chair. This specialized feature is inspired by NASA’s zero-gravity technology and is recommended by doctors to be a highly therapeutic resting position. Essentially, this puts your body into a virtually weightless state that removes strain from your muscles and allows your body to recharge efficiently.
- Heat therapy – some recliners boast heat therapy. These are great, especially for your lumbar region, if you experience back pain. Additionally, you could also look for recliners that have heating features for more areas like your feet or neck.
- Space-saving design – although not entirely substantial to a chair’s “ergonomic design” in terms of how it affects your Comfort, a space-saving design will make it easy on the eyes.
Are Zero Gravity Chairs Good for Your Back?
Zero gravity recliners are one of the best kinds of recliners on the market. They’re thoroughly ergonomic in terms of how it affects your body positively by:
- Lessening pressure on your spine. This is what makes it great for your back. The less pressure on your spine, the more likely you’ll be able to sustain the correct posture.
- Reduce heart stress
- Release muscle tension
However, there are some units that claim to have zero-gravity features despite it being inauthentic. They are still therapeutic to some degree but are ultimately lacking when compared to true the true zero-g experience.
Main Factors to Consider When Buying an Ergonomic Recliner
I suffer from back pain a lot. So I like to look for a few specific things when I buy a chair. Take note that what works for me might not work for you. For example, I don’t particularly like leather or synthetic leather upholstery.
On the other hand, some users swear by them.
So here’s a short guide on how to buy an ergonomic recliner:
- Price – ergonomic recliners are usually priced from $100 up to $300. There are some higher-end units that are more expensive, but we’ll get into that another time. It’s important to consider your budget. Make sure you invest reasonable money without breaking the bank. There are plenty of good, reliable recliners at a lower price point. You just need to find the right one.
- Upholstery – when choosing a chair, it’s important to consider your upholstery options when possible. If you’re going to sit for extended periods, you should consider the breathability of your fabric. Consider the smoothness and Comfort you’ll feel while sitting on it. I find that leather is not a practical choice in this case just because it tends to get hot.
- Durability – consider the weight of the chair, it’s maximum weight capacity, the materials used, and its craftsmanship. Usually, you’ll be able to tell straight away if a unit is well-built. It should not topple from side to side. It should be heavy enough, so there’s no risk of it tipping over, and the fabric, Framework, and base of it should feel like it can last a long time.
- Features – you might not need those extra lighted cup holders or lighted base. But you certainly need the lumbar heat. It’s important to consider your needs first. If you suffer from limited mobility, choose a model that has a power lift feature to help you independently sit on your own. A zero-gravity feature, on the other hand, works wonders for anyone involved.
Bear in mind that each user is unique. What works for me might not work for you. So make sure to factor that in before you make a decision.
Ergo Recliner Chairs (Final Words)
You need to remember that Comfort is subjective. What is comfortable for me might not be comfortable for you. This is due to many factors aside from the chair’s construction.
Ultimately, the most comfortable chair for you should:
- Fit you comfortably – it should offer enough support for your head and comfortably accommodate your legs.
- Offer the right support – if you suffer from sciatica, it’s best to find a chair that has zero gravity functions. On that note, you should look for a recliner that has features that will help you eliminate pain and keep you comfortable for long periods.
For me, I found that the Homall recliner unit was the most comfortable in terms of reducing my back pains. I enjoyed the massage features and heat therapy and looked forward to sitting back and relaxing after a hard day at work.