Ergonomic recliners for sleeping are quickly growing in popularity. Why not? They’re a quick and easy solution to remedy posture issues when you’re trying to relax.
They’re also an excellent substitute for your traditional mattress, especially if you can’t find a suitable one to meet your needs.
I’ve come across countless raving reviews and a few stark complaints about the Perfect Sleep Chair. It’s designed in order to provide total comfort and relaxation. So I’ve decided to put it to the test and decide whether it’s worth your money and time, or not. Here’s what I’ve found:
If you suffer from limited mobility or struggle to find a comfy rest pose in your bed, it is an ideal solution for you.
It is somewhat expensive, so it’s best suited if you’re looking for a zero-gravity recliner in the higher-end price range.
Ultimately, I can confidently say that this chair is worth your attention if you’re:
- Suffering from back pain or chronic pain
- Recovering from a recent surgery
- A user with limited mobility
- Looking for a comfy model that will ease your body pains
The Perfect Sleep Chair is exclusively sold by firstSTREET. They are based in Colonial Heights, VA in the United States and have been in business for 36 years. Each chair is meticulously crafted by actual American workers
The company is known for consistently releasing innovative products that are catered toward the elderly and those with limited mobility.
The company houses over 200 employees and is accredited with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. If you feel like you’ve heard of them before, you probably have.
Their products are well advertised in some major American consumer magazines. Their chairs have made an appearance on magazines like AARP, American Legion, and Parade.
Product from FirstStreet has also appeared on national television and is visible on award-winning websites.
Here are my key takeaways from this company:
- They are quick to respond to customer complaints and concerns. However, their policies are not favorable for everyone. I have seen a few customer complaints on the BBB website. That said, it should be noted that most—if not all, customer complaints have been responded to.
- This company does not manufacture the Perfect Sleep Chair. They only distribute them. Despite that, they are excellent with returns and replacing factory defective units. They even handle the shipping cost for defective items.
- The customer service is stellar. You’ll find eager to help customer service representatives who are happy, upbeat, and very professional.
Summary: The FirstSTREET company sells wellness products for Boomers and Beyond. Their customer base mainly relies on the elderly or those with limited mobility. Their customer service is relatively excellent. However, you will find some complaints on their BBB profile. That said, complaints are few and far between and most—if not all, complaints have been responded to and settled.
Perfect Sleep Chair Notable Features & Benefits
Now that you know more about the company that distributes сhairs, it’s time to take a look at its benefits and functions.
Despite being heavily marketed for the elderly and users with limited mobility, this model is ideal for any user.
It’s most helpful if you constantly suffer from pain and are heavily overworked at the end of each day.
This medical sleeper recliner functions an automated lift mechanism that allows you to sit with little strain on your joints and back. It’s easily activated through the user-friendly controls.
The lift mechanism isn’t only ideal for trying to independently sit down on your top recliner, but it’s also great for getting out of it.
- The lift mechanism gently eases you back into a sitting pose when you’re trying to get into your chair. It also eases you forward when you’re trying to get out of it,
- Safety-wise, the motion is slow enough to not accidentally throw you off of the chair.
- Motion-wise, it’s quite soothing.
This model is ideal for sitting as well as rest. The overstuffed design makes it feel as though you’re comfortably sitting on a cloud.
This is ideal for anyone who is tired and not just the elderly. The user controls also allow you to choose between different reclining functions to optimize your sitting.
We take care of everything
These models are popular for a good reason. They put your body in a state of virtual weightlessness, which improves blood circulation and alleviates strain and trauma to you.
This feature is best suited for over fatigued users or people who suffer from pain, limited mobility, and of course, the elderly.
That said, not all models are made equal. You’ll be happy to know that its zero-g recline is patented after NASA’s zero-gravity technology.
One of the key selling functions is that it’s best suited for sleeping in. So I put it to the test.
At the end of my nap, I decided that it lives up to its claims. This model feels comfortable and hugs you in a way that it’s well-supported.
You’ll feel revitalized and energized after rest in this model.
This is most true if you’ve undergone recent surgery, have limited mobility, frequently suffer from pain, or are looking for a safe place to sleep in.
Summary: It boasts a lot of medical and leisurely advantages. You’ll appreciate how well-thought out the design is so as to ensure your safety and how durable it is as well. That said, it’s perfect for rest, sitting, lounging and watching tv in. I’ve used many models in the past and I found that this unit certainly holds up well. Their motto “the last recliner you’ll buy” is definitely on point. It’s durable and well worth its price.
- Manufactured and designed in the USA
- Durable hardwood frame
- Overstuffed and oversized design
- Wide armrests
- Biscuit-style back
- Cushioned with sleep soft hi-density foam
- Zero-gravity reclining
- Side pocket storage
- 5 heavy-gauge springs for long-lasting comfort
- Lumbar heat
- Heated seat
- Multi-intensity massaging modes
- Wired remote control
- The lift mechanism works in around 50 seconds
- Can accommodate up to 6’4″
- 375 lb weight capacity
- Available in Tan, Burgundy, Chocolate, Blue leather
- Chair weight: 130 lbs
Reliability and Warranty
FirstSTREET offers a one-year warranty for all parts. That said, the designed frame, lift, and recline mechanism are covered under a lifetime warranty that comes with your purchase.
That said, I think it’s a very reasonable warranty offer. The one-year parts warranty is a little bit concerning and insubstantial to me, considering most other models within this price range offer at least three years’ warranty.
However, I will have to give the Perfect Sleep Chair points for the lifetime warranty they offer on the most important parts of the recliner.
That’s something even hi-end units don’t have.
Here are my key takeaways:
- The company is reliable enough. They are quick to respond and eager to please when it comes to customer concerns. There may be some discrepancies here and there, which is understandable for a company with over 200 employees. But ultimately, they are quite reasonable.
- The one-year warranty is a little bit insubstantial for me. The company could have done better.
- Returns and refunds within reason are quickly settled.
Summary: FirstSTREET offers a lifetime warranty for frame and lift/reclining mechanism. That said, all other parts are under a one year warranty. This feels quite insubstantial to me, but overall, it’s hard to complain because of the lifetime warranty.
Who Can Benefit from a Most Comfortable Sleeper Chair?
Although ideal for any users, the DuraLux Leather Lift Chair is heavily marketed towards the elderly.
Let’s break it down by feature:
- Lift Mechanism – the lift feature is ideal for anyone who usually requires help when getting into and out of chairs. This gives users with limited mobility a chance at being independent by letting you sit and stand on your own without compromising your health.
- Zero Gravity Reclining – resting in a pose is beneficial for any user. This pose elevates your feet, so they’re above the level of your heart. This improves blood circulation and allows you to rest in the most weightless pose possible. If you suffer from pain, frequent numbing of your limbs, or are looking for a way to rest your legs and feet completely; you’ll enjoy this feature.
- Vibration Massage – it boasts a vibration feature which lets you adjust the intensity. There are three intensity options you could choose from. However, if you’re looking for a highly therapeutic quality chair, this isn’t it. The vibration is definitely more well-suited for users with sensitive bodies like the elderly. It’s a soothing massage that effectively facilitates blood flow and relaxes you.
There are certainly more functions that this sleeper model boasts. However, to cut it short, most of its features will be beneficial to all users. That said, if you’re looking for more specific uses, this quality chair is definitely best for the elderly and users with limited mobility.
Summary: It is engineered to cater to the needs of the elderly. It isn’t the most affordable. However, it is a great investment with a lifetime guarantee. It’s very comfortable and will assure you a great night’s sleep.
It requires a white-glove service and is not eligible for free delivery. That said, it does make the unpacking and installation process all the more convenient. I would expect no less from a mid-range recliner.
That said, if you want to save, you could wait for a sale to pop up on Amazon or use the coupon on FirstSTREET to get $500 off plus a fleece blanket. I’m often asked “where to buy” or “where can I try” them.
Here are my tips:
- It would be best to visit a physical store to try out the product first. This makes sure your chair is the right fit for you.
- Some retailers are not reliable when it comes to customer service. It’s always best to purchase from certified retailers or buy directly from the company.
- To get a better deal, make sure you do your research.
Is Sleeping in a Chair Healthy?
Definitely. There are numerous studies and experts that recommend sleeping in sleeper recliner chairs.
- Blood Flow Boost – rest in a recliner as opposed to laying flat on a mattress is better for boosting your blood flow. This means you’re less likely to develop discomfort overnight.
- Reducing Pain – the optimally elevated positioning of rest in a recliner gives you just the right amount of assistance in all the right areas. Ideally, your knees should be well supported, as well as your legs. Your back should not feel contorted in any way and you should always feel comfortable when lying down on your model for extended periods.
- Prevents Heartburn – acid reflux is greatly reduced during your best sleep. The reclined pose will not allow acid to reach your esophagus, so there’s virtually no reason for you to experience heartburn.
- Osteoarthritis Pain Relief – a great model will give you enough lumbar support that reduces compression on your joints. This results in relief from irritation and pain caused by osteoarthritis. This means you won’t feel stiff or in pain when you wake in the morning.
- Helps With Sleep Apnea – sleep apnea often causes shallow breathing. This can lead to multiple problems during sleep. Rest in it means you’re optimally positioned, so your airways are in no way blocked. Your breathing will remain normal, and you won’t wake up to any discomfort from trying to catch your breath.
There are more pros than relaxing in deliver. These are only a few of those advantages. However, as you can see, these are highly beneficial for individuals of varying dispositions.
Summary: It is highly recommended that you sleep in it if your bed is leaving you with discomfort in the morning. These offer lumbar support, full-body and ensure that you experience little to no discomfort throughout the night. This also means you won’t have to worry about sleepless nights or waking up to feeling like your back is breaking in two.
The Perfect Sleep Chair is one of the most highly recommended sleeper models in the market. Its motto—” the last chair you’ll buy” is certainly on point.
This model is durable, reliable, and boasts a host of advantages and features that’s ideal for any user.
Here’s a quick recap of why it’s a worthy investment:
- It’s durable and comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, lift, and recline mechanisms.
- The power lift feature is ideal for those with limited mobility.
- There is an unlimited number of reclining positions.
- It features a NASA-inspired zero-gravity recline.
- It has a heat function.
- It has a vibration massage.
- It’s very comfortable.
That said, your chair will arrive with a team ready to install it.
You’ll enjoy the white-glove service that removes any unnecessary and overcomplicated installation problems.
But the chair doesn’t come without faults. It is certainly an investment.
If not only for the fact that purchasing the Perfect Sleep Chair gets quite expensive.
The one-year parts warranty is a bit insubstantial for the price if you ask me and it is quite heavy.
So make sure you have it installed in the right place. Otherwise, you might have to get someone else to move it for you.
Overall, I’ve come to the decision that the Perfect Sleep Chair distributed exclusively by FirstSTREET is a reasonable purchase.
This is especially true if you’re looking for a high medical and beneficial unit that will last you a long time.