Recliners are a necessary piece of furniture if you’re looking for something to help you relax during your downtimes. However, these usually require a lot of space. Fortunately, there is a wide variety of space-saving recliners in retailers like Ikea or Amazon.
When you think of recliners, Lazy Boy recliners are usually the first thing that pops up in your mind. However, there are a number of other modern recliners for small spaces that you can choose from.
Below, you’ll find seven of the best small space recliner chairs on the market.
- 1. Stone & Beam Lauren – #1 Best Overall
- 2. CANMOV
- 3. Newport Taupe
- 4. Flash Furniture
- 5. Christopher Knight Home 300595 Mid Century
- 6. JUMMICO Fabric
- 7. Esright
7 Best Small Recliner Chair Models (List for 2021)
Generally, small recliners are not only ideal for small spaces. They’re also best suited for smaller users. Some recliner models have space-efficient capabilities, while some are simply designed to fit shorter users.
Whichever model you choose, it’s good to know that you have many options that are suited for your individual needs. Small recliners for petite spaces come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Moreover, you should look for the following key features:
- Comfort – make sure your choice fits you well. Your feet should not hang off of the footrest, and you shouldn’t have trouble supporting your head at any point in time. Moreover, you should make sure that the stuff and cushioning are breathable and comfortable enough that you can sit in your recliner for extended periods without developing discomfort.
- Swivel recliners – if you’re choosing a bulkier unit, the base will help convert it into a more space-efficient unit. It would allow you to position it somewhere that would otherwise not be easily accessible or possible—for example, up against the wall and swivel it in the right direction when you need to recline.
- Power reclining – this feature will make it easier for you to recline your chair. This removes the need to reach for a lever or handle to activate the reclining mechanism. It also removes the need to push back on your chair to recline.
- Wall hugger recliners petite spaces – these are ideal for petite spaces because they adapt a gliding mechanism that slides forward as you recline. This makes it possible to put your chair recliner as close to the wall as needed, only a few inches, to save space. Thus, saving your precious floor space.
1. Stone & Beam Lauren – #1 Best Modern
The Stone & Beam Lauren is a reclining sofa unit that is best for smaller rooms. It comes with a good five-year Furniture Protection warranty that covers accidental damage like stains, rips, burns, tears, punctures, and more.
Moreover, the warranty covers repair or stain removal costs as long as it is covered by Furniture Protection guidelines.
You’ll enjoy the comfort of this comfortable modern fabric recliner sofa, knowing that you’re well protected by the five-year warranty.
Take a look at its best functions:
Durable Fabric – the soft and breathable fabric is repellent to moisture and stains. This means you don’t have to worry about being too careful around your chair sofa to keep it looking brand new. The material is also designed to provide for heavy use, so you can use it daily without any worries.
Money-Back Guarantee – aside from the durable hardwood frame and great performance, you can also rest easy knowing you’re covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can return your sofa for a full refund as long as it’s in the right condition.
Summary: One of the biggest “flaws” of this reclining chair unit is the fact that the seat depth is too generous. The width is shorter than a regular sofa, so it is best for smaller spaces but it makes up for it in seat depth. Although, admittedly it does add to the comfort, you will need to be careful and measure out your room properly.
This CANMOV is packed with features. It’s ideal for anyone who needs something reliable to help you relax after a long day.
You’ll enjoy the power lift feature that meets you halfway and eases you into a sitting and reclining position to alleviate stress and strain on your body.
Here are its best functions:
Massage and Heat Therapy – this model is packed with massage and heating that further add to your relaxing experience. It’s all easily controlled through a user-friendly remote as well, so you don’t have to worry about fumbling through complex commands.
Heavy-duty Build – this model (looks like Dorel Living) is built to last a lifetime. It is oversized wide armrests that add to its comfort. Moreover, it can carry up to 300 pounds and is ideal for daily use.
Summary: I recommend having someone around when you try to assemble this model. It is a bit on the heavier side and assembly is somewhat of a drag. However, you’ll appreciate the smooth functions and user-friendly interface of this heavy-duty power lift massage recliner.
3. Newport Taupe
If you’re looking for a sleek and contemporary look while saving space, look no further than this model by Newport. It is one of the best small leather recliners in the market and is ideally space-efficient because of its ottoman and slim profile.
Take a look at its best functions:
Swivel Base – this slim model swivels 360 degrees and reclines slightly. This allows you to save space because you can place it anywhere and have it face in any direction you wish without having to move it.
High-quality Upholstery – the durable bonded leather material is colorfast. This means it won’t fade over time. Moreover, it is not hard to clean, waterproof, and built to last daily use.
Summary: Aside from difficulties in assembly, it is quite reliable. It’s also very comfortable and the detachable ottoman helps you save space when you need it. It’s well built high-quality bonded leather material which is why it’s more affordable than most despite its stellar performance.
4. Flash Furniture
This Flash Furniture offers a sleek and comfortable design. Moreover, the ottoman allows for better space efficiency. It’s more spacious compared to similar recliners, but it adds to the chair’s overall comfort level.
The manual reclining mechanism allows the chair to be a slim recliner type. This means you shouldn’t have any issues placing it in petite spaces or worrying about it domineering your floor space.
Moreover, the ottoman is comfortable in itself. You can use it as a separate stoll when not in use or simply place it elsewhere if you need more space.
Take a look at its best functions:
Swivel Base – this model offers a ball-bearing wooden base. This means you can easily swivel 360 degrees without worrying about catching or hearing any unnecessary screeching noises. This makes this chair ideal for nurseries, breastfeeding, or a general recliner in any space that has multiple views or requires a dynamic chair.
User-Friendly Construction – apart from the durable wood base, this manual recliner makes an easy-to-locate lever on one side. This allows you to easily recline without having to fumble around looking for different levers or pieces of hardware to activate the reclining mechanism.
Summary: This model for living room is ideal if you’re looking for a temporary solution. It’s reasonably priced and very comfy to sit in. Moreover, it’s also slightly wider than standard small recliners so it’s well-suited for taller individuals as well. However, you might encounter some issues with the manufacturer using wrongly sized bolts from time to time. It also poses a huge tip risk, so it’s best to be careful.
5. Christopher Knight Home 300595 Mid Century
This Christopher Knight Home 300595 looks as sleek and stunning as it is comfortable. It’s ideal for tight spaces because of its design, and the high back adds a touch of comfort that will have you sitting in it for hours upon hours.
It’s easy to assemble as well, so you won’t need help to put it together. Moreover, the stuff is breathable and soft, eliminating the dilemma that usually comes with faux or genuine leather recliners.
Here are its best functions:
Multiple Color Options – this ornamental recliner comes in different color choices. This makes it ideal for brightening up any room or decor that you may have. It also means it’s more versatile compared to most. It also adds to the welcoming and comfy nature of this recliner.
Extra Padding – aside from the breathable stuff, you’ll also appreciate the generous seat padding on this best recliner. This makes it even comfier without compromising on the level of support you’ll encounter.
Summary: Despite it not being as easy to clean upholstered leather , this recliner does boast a relatively reliable and sturdy stuff. It’s breathable, it comes in different colors. Moreover, you’ll also enjoy the compact design and ease assembly. However, if you’re looking for a recliner that can support your head when you recline all the way back, it’s best to look elsewhere.
6. JUMMICO Fabric – Budget Model
Small things don’t always have to be so expensive. This JUMMICO space-efficient recliner model is priced at a little under $120 and is as functional as it is stylish. It boasts a durable steel frame that guarantees stability and great durability.
You’ll enjoy the modern design that comes in two neutral colors to fit a variety of room styles and situations as well.
Take a look at its best functions:
Floor Protection – this perfect single recliner is designed with plastic feet to allow for easy mobility. This also prevents your floors from getting scratched. If you like to move around the living room furniture, you’ll enjoy this feature.
Great Comfort – you’ll enjoy the linen stuff that provides breathable comfort. Coupled with the plush cushioning and wide padded armrests, you’ll have more than one reason to sit in your chair for a long time.
Summary: This contemporary single recliner for living room is ideal if you’re looking for an affordable, yet reliable unit. It’s easy to assemble and offers multiple reclining adjustments and is easy to move around thanks to the plastic feet that protects your floors from scratching as well. Keep in mind that it is a budget model, so it might not last as long as other models under heavy use. Despite that, you’ll appreciate the clean lines and no-nonsense design of this recliner for petite spaces.
7. Esright – Good Massage Recliner
Last but not least, the Esright massage recliner is a behemoth of relaxation. It’s oversized and overstuffed on top of boasting massage and heating features that are sure to lull you into a state of relaxation unlike any other.
Moreover, you’ll enjoy the beautiful PU Leather material that is easy to clean, manage, and comes in different colors (black, white, brown..).
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Swivel Base – this massage recliner swivels 360 degrees. You can use this to your advantage if you like a highly dynamic chair or if you have multiple scenery options.
Massage Features – you’ll enjoy the five massage modes and two vibration intensities to choose from. It will target specific areas in your body, and it’s all very easy to control through the user-friendly controls.
Summary: This perfect massage recliner living room is ideal if you have a bit more space to put it in. It is a bit bulky because of its oversized and overstuffed build, but it isn’t too wide that it’s not complete for petite spaces. It also swivels, which helps with placement issues. Moreover, you’ll love the varying massage modes and lumbar heating as well as the thick and comfortable padding.
What to Look for When Buying a Recliner?
As a general rule, I like to recommend that you list down your preferences and size requirements when choosing any recliner. Here’s a quick guide:
- Size – make sure you choose a recliner that will not only fit into your room but that it can fit you comfortably as well. Your feet should not dangle from the footrests, backrest your head should not have issues with support, and you shouldn’t feel too constricted sitting in your chair at any point in time.
- Features – understandably, it’s important to make sure you have all the possible features you’d need on your recliner. If you want something that’s more straightforward, I recommend choosing a manual recliner with no added functions. On another note, if you want something a bit fancier, a recliner with massage and heating will allow you to maximize your downtimes even more. Here are some of the functions you should consider:
- Swivel Base – it will allow you to face any direction you want. It’s cool if you want to maintain mobility at all times.
- Power Lift – best suited for users with limited mobility, a power lift feature will help you sit and stand with little to no strain on your body.
- Massage – typically, standard massage recliners will only allow you to access vibration massage modes. There may be one or two intensity variations as well. If you want a more intense and specific massage mode, you may need to spend a little bit more on an actual massage chair.
- Heating Option – usually used in conjunction with massage functions, heating is also a popular choice. You might choose a standard recliner with lumbar heating or choose one that offers heating in other regions of your body as well.
- Price – understandably, the price needs to be at the forefront of your requirements. If you’re looking for a unit that is very comfy without splurging too much, I recommend looking at units that either uses faux leather upholstery or other fabrics. Also, keep in mind that you often get what you pay for.
- Upholstery – the type of stuff you choose may affect the price of your recliner for the living room. Having said that, it will also affect your comfort. Make sure you look beyond the aesthetic qualities of stuff and consider your comfort above all else.
Summary: Overall, there are plenty of things you need to consider when you’re choosing any comfortable recliner. But ultimately, make sure you consider the size of the recliner and your space, the price and the specifications that the recliner has to offer.
What Do I Need to Know Before Buying a Recliner?
Recliners need to be treated the same as your other furniture. Sure, it has cushions, but no cushions that are going to make your floors turn into ice skates if you dare to lay on them. Recliners have that awful layer of dust on them and the fabric probably has some kind of fungus on it. If you do decide to purchase a recliner, it’s a good idea to have it professionally cleaned. Doing it yourself will create dust and grime and that can end up in your lungs. Some kinds of mold on the fabric can also cause respiratory issues. Not only does it need to be professionally cleaned, but you also need to be careful about other types of chemicals you use on it.
There is plenty of new fabric refinishing products available now, but you also need to be careful with your furniture. Be sure to use things like bleach and borax to clean your furniture properly. You shouldn’t be using these at home on your furniture. Do You Really Need a Recliner? A recliner can be helpful in many situations. It can be for your armchair, in front of your big screen television, at your desk at work, or even in your living room. While recliners are versatile, they are also known to be uncomfortable and that’s not what you want to get out of the traditional recliner. You also want to think about what kind of furniture you are already using in your home.
Is Ashley Furniture Made in China?
A well-known furniture company just admitted that its entire range of housewares is made in China. No really, Ashley Furniture revealed in a statement that the majority of its goods, including bedroom sets, kitchen cabinets, and couches, were made in that country. Ashley said it had discovered this in an audit and had immediately started producing all their goods in the U.S.
This is great news for the environment, and news that’s great for the consumer. Ashley also said that all the sourcing of its items in the U.S. came from U.S.-based manufacturers. The company is owned by Berkshire Hathaway and has been known for its successful activism in building more energy-efficient and green stores. Here’s What You Should Do: Please join me in welcoming Ashley Furniture to the growing list of major companies that have found that its best move is to source as much of its goods as possible in America! In the furniture world, it takes a lot to shock us. As you all know, Ashley has an especially strong advocacy program that includes.
Where to Buy. How Much Should You Spend on a Recliner?
A general rule of thumb to think about is that the quality of a recliner is often reflected in its price. Of course, that doesn’t mean you should spend thousands on a single piece of furniture if you can’t afford it.
It’s good practice to scour legitimate websites with exclusive deals to help save on the cost. Moreover, if you want to know how much you should set aside to spend on a recliner, you should consider a few things, such as:
- Your budget – now, if you’re shopping under a budget, you’d best stick to it as much as possible unless you have a bit more room to make for special features that you will need or get a lot of use for in the future.
- Upholstery – consider this, a genuine leather recliner will obviously last at least five times longer than a bonded leather recliner. Having said that, it’s also possible that the durability is only meant for the stuff. Some genuine leather recliners are supported by dismal frames. But we’ll talk about that later. Make sure you choose the right stuff for you. Understandably, a genuine leather recliner will last longer, but so will a recliner with suede or microfiber material. The other two options will be cheaper, so take into consideration your stuff choice when thinking about the price.
- Framework – make sure your framework is as sturdy as possible. Ideally, a steel frame with plenty of crossbars and support would do. However, if you’d prefer a hardwood frame (which is reasonably good as well), you should check for build quality. Even steel frames would buckle underuse if not properly built. You don’t want to spend an obnoxious amount of money on a genuine leather recliner that has a faulty framework, would you?
- Features – the more functions your recliner has, the higher the price will be. It can be tempting to get a unit with all of the attachments and features. However, that’s not always the best option. I suggest listing down the functions that you absolutely need and go from there.
Summary: You should spend any amount of money you’re comfortable with on your furniture. If you want something that’s over $1000 but will last you a lifetime, perform well and you have the money set aside for it, buy it. On the other hand, if you’re shopping under a budget, it’s good practice to make sure that you make smart choices when it comes to features and upholstery.
What Style Recliner Should You Choose?
All models are recliners, which means you can have your own design, or you can choose one of the many free designs available on the internet. But what style of recliner is best for you and your home? Here are some important considerations to consider. Do you have a Queen/King bed or a sofa, no extra room? You can choose between a love seat, a straight-back chair, or a chaise. That’s what’s cool about recliners. They’re versatile and they come in a variety of styles.
A couch might be too delicate for your home, a love seat will often get knocked over easily. A recliner is made to take a beating. This also applies to their price. If you can afford a love seat, why not a nice recliner, too? A recliner may cost a little more than a love seat, but it’ll outlive it and outlast it, in my opinion. You’re a new recliner owner and you don’t want to invest a lot of money in it. After all, it’s a $400-800 investment. However, if you’re willing to stretch your budget a little bit, there are a few recliners that are worth your hard-earned money. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, consider a lite recliner, a classic recliner, or a completely handmade recliner.
Final Words. What is the Most Comfortable Space-Saving Recliner?
Although comfort is widely subjective, there are certainly some key aspects that you need to consider, like size, price, material, and features.
For example, if you’re keen on a power lift smooth reclining unit that will help you ease the burden of a hard day on your body,
- the CANMOV is a top option. It boasts some heating and massage as well, so you know you’re in good hands.
But if you would rather have an affordable and small faux leather recliner,
- the Newport Taupe will be more than just reliable. Its LeatherSoft looks and feels like genuine leather without the heavy price.
Furthermore, if you want something that targets your whole body wellness after a rough day,
- the Esright is a serious contender. It boasts multiple massage modes, intensities, and lumbar heating on top of an already seriously comfortable unit.
That said, the Flash Furniture, Christopher Knight 300595, and JUMMICO Fabric are all great options if you want a lower-midrange leather recliner club chair that boasts functionality and style.
Overall, I close my case by saying that Stone & Bean Lauren is my top choice. It not only exhumes elegance and comfort, but it is also reasonably priced and boasts durable upholstery that will last you a long time.
Having said that, there are certainly many options on the market. I understand these are only some of your options, but they’re certainly a good starting point.
Despite the Stone and Bean Lauren winning my favor, I’m confident that you’ll find any one of these models to not only be a viable but ideal addition to your home or office.