Power recliners are known to last longer on top of being easier to use compared to traditional reclining chairs. Although it’s difficult to ascertain who makes the best power recliner due to the number of brands and units for sale in the market, it is certainly possible to select the most price-worthy options.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at electric recliners with features that can’t be seen in their mechanical counterparts. This includes lift features, zero-gravity reclining, and many more.
1. Yandel – #1 Model
4. Best Home ProLounger
5. Perfect Chair PC-610 by Human Touch
6. Pulaski Larson
What is Power Recliner?
A power lift chair is a motorized recliner. It often comes with a remote control or control pad that allows you to adjust the reclining mechanism to your desired angle.
Apart from that, electric power lift chairs tend to carry many benefits that set it apart from mechanical reclining chairs.
- Longevity – mechanical recliners are expected to last a maximum of 10 years, depending on your usage. On the other hand, last a minimum of 10 years. This is because the motors are made to last longer, and thus it makes sense that the chair and frame that comes with it would last longer as well.
- Features – understandably, power recliners often come with a set of functions that are not found in manual recliners. These functions could be anything from massage, heating, and zero-gravity feature to more high-tech, surround sound speakers. Often, manual recliners are built to rock, glide, and swivel at most. Because of the lack of electrical components, you’ll rarely found any therapeutic features. Whereas, it is unlikely that you’ll come across a power lift chair that doesn’t come with at least one extra feature.
- Price – they tend to be more expensive than manual recliners. And for a good reason, they come with a motor or series of motors that allow you to more easily lean back and relax. In some cases, you’ll come across a power lift feature that allows you to sit and stand with little to no strain. This is very helpful for users with limited mobility. The key is to search out a power lift chair that’s high in value, yet low in price.
Summary: They are a type of recliner that uses electricity to perform its basic functions. They utilize at least one motor to perform the reclining feature instead of using your weight and motions to achieve a reclining position. Power recliners often come with a remote control or control pad to make it easier for you to adjust your chair to your preferred position.
8 Best Power Recliner Chair Brands Reviews (List for 2020)
It can be overwhelming to narrow down tens of thousands of recliner models in the industry. That’s why I’ve compiled eight of the best power recliner brands and their subjective models to give you a wide selection that can fit any taste.
Keep in mind that choosing the best model is highly subjective. That’s why it is significant to keep your preferences in mind and build on that with the reviews I’ve listed below.
Nevertheless, I’m confident you’ll find a power lift chair that is ideal for you and your needs.
1. Ashley Furniture Yandel Power Lift Recliners Saddle – Best Overall
This oversized power lift recliner chair is the Signature Design by Ashley Yandel. The style and functionality of this recliner chair merge together with powerful and ease to control buttons.
This model features an elevated design and recliner functions. It delivers convenience, ease of use, and the ultimate lounging experience because of its oversized and thick—yet supportive pillows. It weighs in at around 120 pounds, making it a little difficult for some people to move around and maneuver. It measures in at 35 inches in width, 40.5 inches in depth, and 42.5 inches in height.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Thick Cushions – Gives convenience and supports your back well. The thick cushion and high back design help you ease your back pain and elevates your legs, giving you a very comfortable sitting position.
Innovative Design – The smooth brown upholstery and thick pillows, a 20-inch seat make this recliner chair stand out. Because of its design, this chair will set perfectly in your living room, office, and bedroom.
Control with a touch of a button – This power lift recliner chair elevates your legs and eases you back with just a touch of a button. You’ll enjoy the clearly-labeled and straightforward controls on this unit.
Summary: This chair is made by Ashley Home Furnishings and boasts a contemporary style will surely wow anyone who sees it. It’s ease to assemble and features a homey and comfy oversized design that begs people to sit in it for extended periods.
2. BONZY – Good for Napping
This BONZY is as soft and warm as they come. It keeps you in an ideal reclined position to lay down even if the legs are extended. This chair will help you get up easily because of its power lift mechanism and help you ease your back pain.
When fully reclined, the chair is very comfy for naps because of its soft and fluffy cushions. Hence, it is the ideal catnapper model. Regardless of the color of your existing decor, you should be able to find a BONZY chair that matches and fits in seamlessly.
Here are its best features:
High-quality fabric – This recliner chair is made from breathable fabric with soft and generously cushioned padding filled with high-density foam. It feels soft, plush, and has a slight bounce that screams convenience.
Easy to use – The 2 button control allows for ease manipulation without any confusion. It also comes with a handy side pocket that makes it simple to find your recliner’s controls while fitting a variety of small items.
Durable – This chair is equipped with intelligent technology that allows you to achieve infinite reclining positions without worries. You can stop the chair during the lift or recline anytime without having to worry about it toppling over or breaking.
Summary: This chair is relatively fairly priced. It’s an ideal option if you’re looking for a unit you can nap in without worries. Unfortunately, this chair isn’t very comfy for much else. It’s quite uncomfortable if you want to read or write in it, but it is super for sleeping.
3. Svago – For Back Pain
This Svago will give you the full benefits of virtually weightless experience. It comes with a variety of features that target back pain like heat therapy and deep-tissue massage.
It does everything you could dream a recliner could do and more.
Take a look at its best functions:
Zero-Gravity – The zero gravity feature will give you unparalleled versatility, relief, and pleasure. It’s modeled after NASA’s zero-gravity technology, so you know that it’s reliable. This feature elevates your feet above the heart level to facilitate blood flow and allow you to heal and recuperate on its own.
Healing properties – This chair puts your convenience above everything else. It’s made to help you for extended periods and comes with a host of features that prioritize your health and well-being above anything.
Summary: This zero-gravity recliner is made to prioritize your whole-body wellness. It’s ideal if you frequently suffer from back pain and are looking for a unit that can soothe you completely. Unfortunately, it is more of a therapeutic unit, so it is not that great for lounging in.
4. Best Home ProLounger
This Best Home ProLounger is ideal for users with limited mobility who just want a place to rest and pass the time in. It’s very sturdy with 300-pound weight capacity and very comfy.
Here’s why you should look into it:
All-electric – this recliner boasts three features that are all powered by electricity. There’s no manual motion or strain required to relax and use your chair.
UL-approved – this power lift recliner comes with a UL-approved remote control that’s very user-friendly. It is easy to use, understand, and you won’t have to spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how it works.
Summary: This power lift recliner is ideal for users who are looking for the ideal chair to lounge in. It is very durable and can handle up to 300 lbs and is cushioned with high-density foam that provides a plush comfort while maintaining ideal supportive firmness. However, it does require assembly and is not well-suited for users over 6 feet tall.
5. Perfect Chair PC-610 – For Tall Person
This PC-610 by Human Touch features a sleek, non-bulky design usually found in reclining furniture. You’ll love the wood accents and minimalist design that is fully approved by the World Federation of Chiropractic.
This makes it ideal for anyone who is taller than average and often suffers from back pain.
Here’s why it’s worthy of your attention:
Health and Wellness – this recliner put your health and wellness above all else. It effectively decompresses your vertebrae to relieve back pain, expands your lung capacity to allow for deeper breathing, and is ideal for recovering after surgery.
Custom Lumbar Support – this recliner functions a release valve that allows you to adjust it to set your needs. Most recliners feature in one area without the ability to reposition it. This poses a problem because each user is different, and it is impossible to pre-determine one placement that works for all users.
Summary: This recliner by Human Touch looks sleek, elegant and unique. One of its key selling functions is that it is more therapeutic so it is not ideal for relaxing all the time, but it is great for alleviating bodily pain. The padding is also quite insubstantial so if you’re hoping for a more plush recliner, you’ll be disappointed.
6. Pulaski Larson With Cup Holders – For Sleeping
This Larson by Pulaski is a great addition to any home theatre. It’s also ideal if you’re looking for a unit that’s plush, comfortable, relaxation and ideal for sleeping in.
The thick and luxurious cushioning coupled with the black bonded leather upholstery materials adds elegance and supreme convenience to this recliner that’s hard to find elsewhere.
Take a look at its best qualities:
Stay Plugged – this recliner is fitted with two USB ports and one outlet. This allows you to keep multiple devices plugged. It is especially helpful if you like to sleep with your phone and other electronics close by. You don’t have to waste your time and effort on leaving your chair to charge your phones.
Infinite Reclining – the Pulaski is made with different preferences in mind. The reclining mechanism is set to lock into any angle and position you want. It is also quite easy to control with the user-friendly remote. A push of a button is all you’ll need to adjust your position to any comfort level you want. This chair provides a variety of modes and intensity levels for these functions.
Summary: This power recliner sofa is ideal if you’re looking for a unit that oozes comfort. It’s quite bulky and somewhat expensive, but it comes with great fitted features that maximize your convenience and convenience. If you like watching tv while snacking, you’ll enjoy the swivel tray. It is also great if you’re wanna to buy recliner that you can work in.
7. ANJ – For Seniors
This ANJ is designed to be overstuffed, so it’s extremely soft and comfortable. The transitions are also slow and gentle, so there’s no risk of accidentally tipping yourself over. Its generous pillows on the headrest and backrest.
The smooth and gentle transitions, coupled with the overstuffed design, make this recliner the ideal choice for the elderly or those with limited mobility.
Heavy-Duty – this power recliner is built to withstand more than it needs to. That means you can rest assured that it won’t break even if you use it daily. Its 300-pound weight capacity also means it is very unlikely that your chair will break down. This also makes it ideal for rigorous use. That means you can use it every day for extended periods without having to worry about it crumbling underneath you.
Low Maintenance – this chair is relatively simple to maintain. The faux leather upholstery makes it ideal for spot cleaning, and it also makes it quite liquid repellant to some degree.
Summary: Buy this recliner if you’re looking for something that is gentle and soothing for elderly use. You also don’t have to worry about safety and chair integrity issues, because this recliner is built to last up to 25,000 uses thanks to its highly durable steel frame. However, the footrest and reclining mechanism cannot be adjusted separately. That said, it is still optimized enough that it won’t be too big of a problem.
8. Giantex – For Limited Mobility
This power lift recliner by Giantex is ideal for users with limited mobility. The power lift feature allows you to stand independently without causing too much strain on your body and potential damage to your joints.
The controls are simple to control, and the reclining and lift feature glides smoothly and gently for safety and comfort.
Here’s why it’s worth your attention:
Noiseless Operation – not all recliner motors are quiet. Some of them control with a low hum, while some tend to squeak and creak while transitioning. That’s something you want to avoid altogether to ensure that you and your companions are undisturbed by your recliner. Luckily, these power lift chairs control with a noiseless motor that reclines and lifts with little to no noise.
Stable and Well-Balanced – other recliners tend to be heavy, that’s not ideal if you want to remain safe while using it. This power lift recliner is built with stability and balance in mind.
Summary: This power lift recliner is ideal if you suffer from limited mobility issues. It is sturdy, stable and reliable. It is also ideal because it is a fairly straightforward chair. There are no unnecessary functions, so you know you’re only paying for what you need.
Is a Recliner Bad for Your Back?
Not necessarily. Any chair can be bad for your back if it isn’t ergonomically designed. In fact, every once in a while, you’ll search out a “study” that claims recliners are very harmful to your back.
While it isn’t necessarily false, most of these studies discount the fact that there are recliners built with a proper ergonomic design.
In fact, some recliners are even made to alleviate back pain. These so-called ergonomic recliners are built with your comfort and well-being in mind.
So what should you look for in a recliner to make sure it is ergonomic?
- Lumbar support – is where it is at. If your recliner doesn’t support your back properly, then you’re bound to experience back pain. It is inevitable. Any chair that isn’t built with proper support will cause you pain in the long run. Make sure your recliner can properly support your back, among other parts of your body.
- On that note, full-body support – it isn’t just your back that needs the attention. Make sure your head is properly supported by the headrest, and your legs are comfortably elevated by the footrest. You may not know it, but sitting in a contorted position could also damage your back even if your back is well-supported. The key is to make sure your whole body is as comfortable as possible.
- Upholstery and cushioning – now, it may be tempting to purchase the fluffiest and most plush recliner you see. However, they’re not always the best when it comes to ergonomics. For a chair to be truly ergonomic, it must be plush enough to provide you with convenience. But it should also be firm enough to provide you with convenience. Just think about those cloud beds. They look beautiful; they’re certainly enticing. But if you try sleeping in them for longer than a few hours, you’ll most likely end up with pain. That’s because there’s nothing supporting your weight and movements.
- Stability – stay away from wobbly recliners. While rocker recliners are certainly attractive, you should make sure your recliner is as stable as possible. A recliner that wobbles at the slightest movement will only serve to harm you in the long run. Make sure your recliner only moves when you want it to. Otherwise, you’re not only investing in a highly un-ergonomic chair, but you’re putting yourself in danger as well.
Summary: Any chair that isn’t designed to support your body completely will end up hurting your back. There are many factors that go into designing a fully ergonomic recliner. You need to make sure that you are well-supported throughout all aspects of the chair. Moreover, it is significant to choose a unit that is aptly cushioned. There shouldn’t be too much or too little cushioning to provide you with soft yet firm comfort.
Main Characteristics of Good Power Recliners
I am often asked what I look for in power recliners to decide if they’re nice. Obviously, it is a mostly subjective process, but there are a few guidelines that I follow.
Generally, I like to make sure a recliner has at least four of these quantities to make it truly nicely or worthy of attention. Take a look at those guidelines below.
- Quiet transitions – I usually expect a very faint hum when a chair is reclining. This is a given because it’s motorized. However, when you hear an obnoxious humming or screeching sound when your chair is reclining, it is definitely not worth your time.
- Price – I would never recommend that you spend offensive amounts of money on a recliner—or anything, for that matter if you can’t afford it. It’s never bad to stick to your budget. The only time I would expect someone to shell out a few extra bucks for a piece of furniture is if it is truly magnificent and if you can’t get all of the features you absolutely need within your price range. Make sure whatever recliner you’re eyeing is worth the price.
- Ease of operation – ideally, a recliner should be user-friendly enough that you don’t constantly discover “new” features five years down the road. I understand that some units have learning curves, especially if they’re higher-end and more technologically advanced. However, if it isn’t easy to operate and is likely to cause you to stress trying to control it, it isn’t worth it.
- Overall Comfort – make sure whatever unit you’re looking at will be comfortable for you or the user. This includes upholstery, cushioning, and support. Make sure the design is fully ergonomic and that the cushioning is comfortable enough that you feel great even after resting on it for hours.
- Size – you definitely do not want to purchase a recliner that’s too big or too small for you. The same can be said for the room you’ll be placing it in. There are many wall-hugger recliner units on the market if you’re looking for something more space-efficient. That said, if it dominates the room you put it in, it might not be the best idea to purchase that chair. You should also make sure that your chair is just the right size for you. It shouldn’t be so small that your head doesn’t rest on the headrest. And it shouldn’t be so big that you can’t comfortably rest your arms on the armrests.
- Stability and Durability – obviously, you should invest in a unit that won’t break down after a few months of use. They are generally expected to last at least 10 years. If you can search out a guarantee (like a warranty) that your chair will last for longer than that, then it is worth it. Otherwise, look elsewhere. It should also be properly stable. If your recliner is too top-heavy, you’ll encounter a risk of tipping when you fully recline. You definitely do not want that.
Summary: Overall, it is important to keep your preferences at the top of your list. Any power lift chair is great if it fits your needs specifically. Make sure whatever unit you purchase is reliable, space-saving, stable, durable, and ergonomic to get your money’s worth.
Final Conclusion. What is the Best Electric Recliner?
There are many factors that go into choosing a chair. Power recliners, in particular, are not that different from manual recliners. They still require the same meticulous inspection that determines whether it’s the right choice for you.
But how do you know if a recliner is truly good for you? I like to follow the following buying guide:
- Quiet operation – your power recliner shouldn’t control with an obnoxious buzzing or humming sound. The goal is to relax you, not to bother your companions or distract you from trying to relax.
- Price – consider the functions and overall design. Is it worth the price? If there are too many unnecessary features, you’d best look at another unit.
- Interface – make sure your power recliner is ease to use. Sure, if your unit is a bit more technologically advanced, you might need a minute to figure it out, but it shouldn’t be so complicated that you aren’t able to easily access its basic functions.
- Comfort – your electric recliner chairs are there to allow you to relax completely. It shouldn’t be uncomfortable in any way.
- Size – make sure it fits you and your space perfectly. It shouldn’t be so large that it dominates the room, and there’s barely any space to walk around it. It also should be so small that you have to contort your body just to set in it.
- Stable and Durable – you should be backed with a guarantee that your recliner will last at least ten years. It should also not wobble or pose a risk of tipping over at any time. Make sure your unit is sturdy and well-balanced, so you don’t encounter any unwanted accidents.
Keep these things in mind before you make a final decision on which of the above-listed electric recliners you’ll choose.
Overall, the Signature Design by Ashley Yandel is a clear winner for me. This power lift recliner packs convenience, ease of operation, convenience, and elegance in one very reasonably priced recliner.
You’ll enjoy the oversized design that gives you great comfort without being too big. It’s also fairly easy to operate using the wired remote that comes with it. The transitions are smooth and quiet, and I have a hard time finding anything bad to say about this particular unit.
To cut it short, make sure you invest in a unit that truly makes you comfortable and happy to sit in it. Consider the value of your choice and the features that come with it. Whichever recliner you choose, I’m confident you’ll now be able to search out the perfect one for your needs and preferences.